Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting Ahead


The best thing about my schedule this year is that my classes end by lunch time everyday. Also, I have time on most days to go for a run before class starts. This morning I woke up at around 7:30 and went for a 4.7 mile run on Milledge. It was a good run, but my slight cold definitely affected me a great deal. After completing my run I came back to the house, got ready for class, and had a delicious breakfast of oatmeal! Before my run I stopped by the kitchen because I hate running on an empty stomach. I snacked on some grapes and practically jumped for joy when I saw the spread of parfait ingredients (plain yogurt, walnuts, pecans, etc.). After munching on some of the nuts I left for my run. Anyways, I chose oatmeal instead of cereal this morning in order to take advantage of the yogurt and nuts out today. It was delicious and kept me full all morning. Classes ended at 1 and I made it back to the house by 1:30. One of my goals for this year is to walk as much as possible. I missed being able to get around without a car this summer. For lunch our chef setup a baked potato bar with a delicious salad bar. I made an awesome salad and had half a baked potato. I also had an apple and snacked on some other goodies as well. After lunch I did my homework, cleaned up my room a bit, and am now surfing the web. Tonight I'm going to Wesley (a church thing) with my friends, then perhaps a band party at one of the fraternities. One thing's for sure, I will not be staying out very late. I need this cold to go away ASAP! I miss my voice!


Oooh, here are some pics of our house from Bid Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment