Saturday, August 21, 2010

Here Comes the Rain Again

This super rainy and stormy Saturday ended up actually being pretty productive. I went to bed really early last night, so I woke up between 8 and 8:30 this morning and headed down to the kitchen for breakfast. The chef has the weekends off, which means we're pretty much left on our own to scrape together meals. Luckily, I still have Cheerios in my room, so I had that with a banana on top. Also, I found some milk in the fridge that I was able to use. Rounded out breakfast with an orange and I was ready to go. I decided to go ahead and get my homework over with since I didn't have very much. First, I recopied all of my advertising notes, then I did my Italian homework. By the time I finished at around 10 my roommate was awake and eating breakfast in the kitchen, so I went back to the room to change for the gym. Originally, I planned to run six miles on Sunday since I just ran yesterday, but I had no plans for today which drives me crazy. Since my family is visiting me tomorrow I would rather get the run over with today and be free to spend more time with them tomorrow. Outside the weather was stormy and raining cats and dogs, so I packed a small bag and headed to Ramsey to run on the indoor track (love it!). The first three miles turned out to be a bit of a struggle since I'm still getting over my cold, so I walked for half a mile, ran two more miles, then walked the last half mile. Total: six miles. I finished right at lunch time, so I stopped back at the house to pick up some money and head to Earthfare. On my way out I ran into Meredith so she came with me! I showed her around the store, then we created some yummy lunches at the salad bar. Here's mine:

I put romaine lettuce as the base, then added tomatoes, bell peppers, some broccoli, a few mushroom slices, two pieces of BBQ tofu, artichokes, green beans, grilled turkey, a little feta, and a little quinoa. When I got back to the house I added some peas leftover from the other night's dinner and topped it all with balsamic vinegar. Such a good lunch! I am officially in love with Earthfare!
After lunch I showered, did laundry (including the sheets), painted my nails, and just kind of chilled around. Tonight my roommate and I are going to a party her friend is hosting. I'm hoping that it will be a low key affair. Then tomorrow my family comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment